Friday, November 19

A Win and A Lose

Sometimes...actually a lot of the time...my generation is full of men who do not know what it means to respect a woman.  Considering what we've grown up with (Rap music about hitting women, Hughe Hefner & his wonderful idea of relations, Spice Girls instilling such self respect in us..) its no wonder that chivalry is somewhat dead.  On top of wonderful role models, the era of technology has led us to a whole different type of relationship between men and women.  One of my favorite movies of all time says it perfectly: 


"...I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting."


He's Just Not That Into You is by far one of the greatest movies of all time, and no doubt one that every woman should see.  It is full of incredible life lessons, especially for the serial dater like myself.  I will admit that one of my flaws is making excuses for men.  Never is it: he's just not that into me.. its more like: I'm sure he just got busy, that or his phone isn't receiving texts..maybe mine isn't, I'm going to call the phone company and find out... <<< Not healthy!! 


So this week, I started making the exact excuses.  The new boy really was busy, being an apartment manager means he's got lots on his plate.  Its true he wasn't avoiding me, but I didn't get to find that out until today.  It wasn't exactly the news I was looking forward to hearing, but the reality is he was honest with me.  He told me he had something to tell me but wanted to tell me to my face.  Bummed me out to hear what he had to say, but he didn't dance around it, he came out and said it straight up. 


My chance isn't gone forever, but it is on hold.  I wasn't picked, but I don't see it as not being picked for another girl...it was a man trying to make the best decision for his kids.  How can I be depressed when I am lucky to still have that decent man in my life??  I don't regret giving him my number, or even giving him a chance... I showed him what a great girl I am and found myself a great friend...and you know what they say: "The best relationships grow from friendships." :) 


So, its a lose because my chance is officially on the back burner but its a win because if the chance ever comes back up again, I've found myself a good man with good morals.  Not a bad catch either way!  


Have a wonderful night bloggers!


Arianne Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Have you read the book? It's WAY better than the movie, a MUST read for all single women. And even those who are not...

    ReplyDelete