Thursday, June 23

Confidence

 con·fi·dence  [kon-fi-duhns]

–noun
1.
full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing: We have every confidence in their ability to succeed.
2.
belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance: His lack of confidence defeated him.
3.
certitude; assurance: He described the situation with such confidence that the audience believed him completely.
 
I thought about today's blog and had to reflect on my most amazing day.  You see, last night my blog mentioned a bit of a ding in my 'self acclaimed love life.'  Old me would have reacted almost hysterically (I've always had a flare for the dramatic) but something about my luck in the past few days, I decided quickly "you know what? I'm a woman making my way to the top - if he wants to be by my side for this, he's gotta appreciate what he's got."  So it was in that very moment I pulled my shoulders back, brought my chin up, and it came easier than I thought...a full smile, and the laughter to go with it.  The confidence to hold myself up no matter what came my way.  
 
This morning was a bit rough, I still hadn't heard from the boy, woke up late and found out Grandma was mowing part of the lawn when it was my job...just started out to be not so good.  Then my daring cousin asked me for help with something (nice to feel needed, especially by him).  Then - my phone rang.  I missed it, but when I looked at the number I saw a local number.  My heart jumped, and sure enough when I listened to the voicemail..."This is Cole from Advanced Home Health, you applied with us yesterday.  Just wanted to call and chat and also set up a time to meet with you......." Yup, that's right!  Two interviews this week for a health care job - finally!!  Not to mention later on, I got the call from Pearson Vue (the big shots who organize CNA testing) wanting to ask me a favor -- "Can we test you in Ft. Lupton on July 5th?" Could you ever!!! By then I'll be back to work, and waiting on my certificate to get myself a pay boost already for finally doing it.  
 
When I think of confidence, I always think of that little girl who proudly states "Someday Mommy, I will be a doctor!"  or the little boy who says "Daddy, I'm going to be Superman!!" Children don't see near the amount of negative that adults do...it's like, as we age we allow burdens to weigh us down and rob our self confidence everyday.  If we all thought a little more like kids - maybe life would be even more bearable...heck, might even come to enjoy it again! 
 
I completely underestimated how fantastically wonderful it feels to take care of yourself, have time to love yourself, spend time with your best friend, and keep the 'love life' separate from all of that when it needs to be.  It's like I have walked out of the salon doors from Life Makeover, Inc. with my head held high.  So let this be a lesson...to girls, women, even guys -- no matter what stage of life your in, no matter what you've gone through...seriously put some effort into loving yourself to fix things.  Taking care of someone else, or drowning yourself in whatever flavor of 'pain killer' is to your liking will not get you anywhere.  

-----------------------------------
 
So tomorrow, dress yourself up, flip your hair in the wind, wrap a sheet around your neck and fly like Superman or Wonder Woman -- goodness just live it up!  Find your confidence and flaunt it, it will by far be the sexiest thing on you that day! 
 
Signing off for the night :) 
 
Arianne Elizabeth  

No comments:

Post a Comment